On your visit to the hospital for the first time, you are requested to register yourself at our Front Desk (Patient Care Services). A unique Patient Medical Record Number (MRN) will be issued to you on submission of the filled up registration form. This number will be required to be produced by you, every time you visit the hospital for easy and effective traceability of your previous medical records.
Please note that people who are insured or have their companies pay for their medical expense are requested to clarify all details with your respective insurance agent / company before Admission. For any further assistance on the same you can get in touch with our TPA Helpdesk / Corporate Assistance Team.
Billing assistance is given to the patients at every stage of their stay in the hospital. A billing counseling is done immediately after the admission. Two types of bills are generated in the hospital viz:
- Interim Bill: Interim Bills are usually generated every day. The interim bills will give you an idea on the hospital expenditure as on that day and the amount outstanding in your account, if any. In case of outstanding you will be required to settle the same within one day. The bill will be sent to your room. You can contact the billing department if you require any clarifications on the bill details.
- Final Bill: At the time of discharge, the final bill will be generated. This will consider all the interim bills and the reservation deposit paid. Please note that the advance deposit can be adjusted only against the final bill and not against the interim bills
Patient Bed Transfer
From higher to lower / lower to higher - This can be done. To understand applicable charges, please contact the Front Desk/Floor Coordinator before such Transfers.
Room Category & Tariff
At VPS Rockland Hospital you can choose from 4 different categories of room, that is Economy, Double, Single or Executive Deluxe Rooms. However, these are subject to availability. The tariff plan for the various categories is available at the Front Desk Reception / IP Helpdesk.
Billing Cycle is from 12 noon to 12 noon the next day
For more details and clarification, Helpdesk/Financial Counselor may be contacted to help you.
You have the right to demand for an estimate of the approximate cost of treatment. The treatment plan must be endorsed by the treating doctor. However please note the estimate is just an approximate figure and may increase/decrease as per your actual treatment.
The expenditure structure provided is for a planned treatment protocol as desired by the doctor in the patients best interest. It is likely to increase if your treatment protocol changes and any unplanned emergency surgeries or unexpected ICU stay is required for providing the best healthcare to the patient. Your attendants must discuss your condition with the treating doctor on daily basis and keep updated on the course of treatment being followed.
You are requested to deposit 85% of the estimated amount for entire hospital stay, at the time of admission. In case you are being admitted for an elective surgery then 100% of estimated cost of surgery must be paid prior before sending you into the OT.
Outstanding amounts on the Bills will need to be cleared on daily basis
- As and when the bill exceeds the deposited amount, You are requested to make appropriate deposits. As per hospital policy, You must maintain balance of less than Rs. 10000 in the bill. You can ask for an interim bill if you need so for any clarification
- If the bill balance exceeds Rs. 5000, then one of our managers will approach you and request to make appropriate deposits time to time. Your cooperation with our staff will be highly appreciated.
- All financial transactions are accepted in the form of cash, credit/debit card and demand draft only. Payment in the form of cheques is not acceptable.
If there is any balance remaining with the hospital at the time of discharge then refund shall be made after your discharge.
- Refund up to Rs. 20000 will be made immediately in cash.
- Any refund above Rs. 20000 shall be made in cheque.
- If there are no other patients waiting for admission then the front office may grant permission for the room retaining. However the discretion lies entirely on the hospital whether or not to allow room retaining.
- On the event of retaining the allotted room, charges as per tariff plan will be levied.
- In case room is not retained by attendants then patient will be allotted same or another room of suitable category on return from OT/Post-Operative Ward or ICU, subject to availability.
We would like to share that discharging a patient from any hospital is an elaborate process involving clearance from multiple departments who had teamed up with the doctor to ensure that the best of care was given to the patient. The discharge process is initiated when the treating doctor informs the nursing station to discharge his/her patient.
- It takes about 3-4 hours (may be extended in case of TPA) to complete the discharge process from the time your doctor intimates the nurse station concerned. Your patience and cooperation will be highly appreciated.
- Billing staff processes multiple discharge applications and it is essential that they give due concentration to the billing process. Your attendants are requested not to approach the billing section repeatedly to expedite the billing. In case of delay please approach the manager Front Office for clarification.
- Once the billing and discharge process is complete you will be intimated by the nursing staff to make necessary payments at the Cashier Counter. After clearing the bill you will be provided with a‘Discharge Slip”. Please produce this “Discharge Slip” at your nursing station concerned and your nurse will hand you over all your documents and also explain you the follow up medication.
- In case you need any logistic assistance (ambulance/taxi) at the time of discharge then please inform at the Front Office at least 1 hour earlier to your departure.
- You are requested to please vacate the rooms within one hour of intimation of completion of discharge process. You are requested to kindly make prior arrangements for the day of your discharge.
The hospital runs 24 hours *7 days pharmacy shop. Medicines and Consumables will be utilized only form the Hospital Pharmacy and outside drugs/consumables are not permitted for use inside the hospital.
Attendant & Visitor
Attendant & Visitor Passes: - Two passes are allotted per patient.
- Attendant Pass: One relative / next of kin will be issued a 24 - hour pass, and they can stay with the patient during the entire stay in the hospital.
- Visitor Pass: The second pass will be only for the visiting hours in the wards. The hospital has definite visiting hours for other relatives / friends.
||No Visitors Allowed
||No Visitors Allowed
||5 PM to 7 PM
||4 PM to 6 PM
The ICU visiting hours, during which total two visits to the ICU are permitted. Attendants of patients in the ICU/OT/NICU are requested to please wait in the main lobby in the ground floor.
||11:30 AM to 12:00 Noon
||5:30 PM to 6 PM
- Attendants must always carry their pass while leaving the In-Patient premises. They may not be allowed inside if they are unable to produce the attendant pass at the entrance on their return.
- Attendants/visitors are requested not to argue with the security staff if they are not allowed to enter the In-Patient premises. They are doing their duty to make your patients stay comfortable and safe.
- You are requested to deposit the passes at the Cashier Counter before obtaining the “Discharge Slip” and you will be refunded the security deposit. The discharge slip will then be your one time pass into the in-patient area.
- Children below 12 years are not allowed in the in-patient area for their own safety and to prevent infection.
General Dos & Don’ts
- Please do not bring flowers to the hospital
- Visitors below the age of 12 years are not permitted to enter the ward or any other inpatient area since they are susceptible to infections.
- Do not bring outside eatables inside premises.
- Please do not keep any Cash, Mobile, Jewellery and Personal Documents in the patient room. In case of loss of such personal belongings, Rockland Hospitals will not held responsible
- Please do not leave room unattended while the patient is away even in washroom.
- Please do not converse in loud voice as it can disturb other patients and visitors as well.
- Please do not discuss and trust any medical information regarding patient unless it is from the treating consultant.
- Patients/Families may inform the Doctor/Nurses about any Special Preferences, Spiritual or Cultural needs.
Patient & Family Rights and Responsibilities
Please familiarize yourself with the Patient & Family Rights and Responsibilities provided at the time of admission.
We would like to bring to your kind notice that all public areas in the hospital are under CCTV surveillance.
Diet & Nutrition
Improving Quality of Life through Nutrition
A well-balanced diet plays an important role in your treatment and recovery as well as in prevention and management of diseases. Our Dietetics Department makes every effort to provide you with nutritious and appetizing meals that are prepared according to your physician's orders. It includes a review of an individual's medical history, diet history and lifestyle for planning nutrition management to improve quality of life.
Our experienced dietician provides services for both- inpatients and outpatients.
We cover inpatient nutrition assessment and recommendations at the time of discharge.
We also provide nutrition counseling for outpatients with nutrition-related health problems such as, but not limited to:
- Weight management
- Gastrointestinal disorders
- Diabetes mellitus
- Renal insufficiency
- Cardiopulmonary disorders
Special diet counseling for:
- Overweight children
- Pregnant women
- Lactating mothers
- Patient will be served food in the rooms as per the advice of the dietician.
- Attendants will not be served food in the patient rooms. They are requested to utilize the cafeteria facility within the hospital campus.
- Consumption of Non Vegetarian Food is not permitted in this hospital.
Do’s and Don’ts for availing cashless services from Third Party Administrators (TPA)
- Obtain pre - authorization form from “Front Desk” 3 - 4 days prior to the admission for planned hospitalization.
- Pre - authorisation form is to be filled in by treating doctor.
- Check about the pre - authorisation approval at the “Front Desk” within next 24hrs.
- You can avail cashless treatment at the hospital after receipt of written authorisation from TPA for the covered ailment.
- Leave back all the original documents and signed claim form with the hospital at the time of discharge.
- Contact TPA office in case of any query.
- The policy holder has to bear the expenses which is not covered under the terms and condition of the policy.
- Don’t insist upon admission at the hospital merely for investigation, evaluation or Health check - up as these are not approved by TPAs.
- Don’t insist on admission on cashless basis at the Hospital without obtaining the pre- authorization approval from TPA.
- Don’t carry back any original documents at the time of discharge from the hospital, if your cashless is approved by the TPA.
- Don’t forget to sign the claim form.
Queries & Assistance
Incase you have any queries or need assistance on any issue please contact the following:
Room Allotment / transfer / up gradation
Manager Front office
Billing Related Queries
After 8:00 pm up to 8:00 am
In order to lodge a complaint please approach the personnel mentioned below:
Floor Coordinator or Deputy Medical Superintendent (DMS)
Your feedback is extremely valuable to us. It will help us improve our services and serve you better. Please do fill up the feed back form at the time of discharge and let us know your suggestions.